Saint-Gobain in todays world
In 1665, King Louis XIV of France wished to create the Hall of Mirrors in the Palace at Versailles. To this end, he required the best glass the world had to offer. Saint-Gobain was the company born to satisfy this need. To this day this archetectural masterpiece stands testimony to the company's pinoneering effort and over 300 years of mastery in glass and mirror making.
It was in 1962, when the company shifted to a small village outside Paris called Saint-Gobain that got it its name. From then on, there has been no looking back. Saint-Gobain has grown from strength to strength and established itself as the market leader in the glass industry. Today, over 300 years since our inception, we continue to design innovate glass solutions that add colour, imagination and soul to architecture, thus creating the best possible living and working environments.
Saint Gobain India:
- More than 1200 Consolidated Companies present in 64 countries.
- 12 research centres and 101 development units.
- Ranked First in Building Materials Segment in the Fortune 500 List.
- 190,000+ employees.
- Ranked 132 in Fortune 500 (2011).
- Among the 51 top companies in Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index.
- Worldwide Sales Rs. 256,000 Crores (as of 2010).
In India, Saint-Gobain Glass began operations in 2000 and has since won many a heart through its innovation, service, and impeccable
quality. Saint-Gobain erected the World Glass Complex at Sripreumbudur,Chennai. This state of the art manufacturing facility provides
end-to-end glass solutions for customers in architectural, automotive and solar segments.